Monterey Outdoor Activities
Reconnect with Monterey's natural side, from beautiful beaches to coastal trails. Pack the car and your sense of adventure and go have some outdoor adventures. Kayaking on Monterey Bay is an uplifting experience.
Outdoor Dining & Take Out Monterey
The Monterey food scene offers incredible restaurants and outdoor patios for dining, delivery, and take-out. Known for its fresh seafood and bold culinary spirit, Monterey is one of the best places to eat on the Northern California coast. Wave Street Inn is within minutes of these local eateries:
Parks & Hiking Trails
Monterey adventure is calling. Explore the area’s beautiful county, state and national parks with extensive hiking and biking trails and coastal vistas.
- Point Lobos State Reserve – Explore this popular state park with beautiful hiking trails and cliffs with stunning views of the coastline and beaches.
- Pinnacles National Park - Discover the beautiful coastline of Monterey, Carmel, Big Sur, and Salinas Valley from the park’s miles of hiking trails.
- Jacks Peak County Park - Enjoy a day hike in this Monterey County park with 8.5 miles of walking and hiking trails. Take in postcard views of Monterey Bay and Point Lobos.
The Monterey Peninsula is home to the most beautiful and challenging golf courses on the California coast. We have an exclusive partnership with The Club at Pasadera - the only Jack Nicklaus signature golf course in Monterey. Chase birdies at these nearby Monterey golf courses.
Explore the beautiful beaches on Monterey Bay. Whether kayaking from McAbee Beach, walking the Del Monte boardwalk or swimming at the State Beach, Monterey is the ultimate beach destination.
- McAbee Beach - This small beach and cove below Cannery Row is a scenic spot kayaking and scuba diving.
- San Carlos Beach - At the west end of Cannery Row, this sandy beach is popular spot for scuba diving, swimming, body surfing and relaxing on the sand.