Safe Travel Designation
We are proud to be awarded the "Safe Travels" designation by the World Travel & Tourism Commission and to have been recognized by AAA with Best in Housekeeping status in 2020.
Before You Get Here
Thank you for following the guidelines set by the Health Officer of Monterey County.?These precautionary measures are in place to protect you against COVID-19 and its spread. Each department has a detailed set of procedures based on expert guidance from leaders in sanitization and safety.
Around the Hotel
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in all public areas, guest rooms and back of house.
- Extra attention to cleaning and disinfecting high touch areas and surfaces such as doorknobs, elevator buttons, light switches, handles, phones, handrails, tables, chairs and tableware.
- Hand sanitizers and alcohol-based disinfectants throughout the hotel for guests and employees.
- Signage to wash hands for at least 20 seconds as a key preventative measure.
- Food preparation hygiene protocols are strictly enforced and include proper separation of personal workspaces for food handlers. Gloves and masks will be worn with all service staff.
Arrivals & Check-Outs
- Room keys and pens are sanitized after each use.
- Pre-registration is encouraged for all guests to avoid the need for touch transactions during check-in and check-out.
- We highly encourage one guest only to visit the lobby to check-in their party or family.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at the Front Desk to encourage social distancing for guests and staff.
- Virtual check-out via phone is strongly encouraged.
Rooms & Suites
- Rooms are thoroughly sanitized in accordance with health and government guidelines.
- Special attention is given to high touch surfaces, handles, doorknobs, switches, faucets, remotes, alarm clocks, TVs, safety latches, trash receptacles, toilet and shower handles.
- Additional pillows and blankets are available by request only.
- No reusable materials are stored in guest rooms.
- Linens are removed in one-time use bags upon check-out or request.
- All linens are sanitized in high-temperature wash
- Ongoing internal communication and training of employees to ensure the realization of the highest standards in health and hygiene.
- Detailed protocols are in place for each department and checks are consistently performed to ensure compliance.
- Daily, per shift cleaning routine covering the basics with an emphasis on frequency and consistency.
- A flexible "stay home/stay healthy" schedule for our employees, encouraging those who may feel ill to remain at home.
- Staggered employee schedules combined with designated work and break areas for each employee.
- Proper hand washing before delivering any food or item to a guest. Hand sanitizer is available throughout front and back of house.
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Protocols in place for assisting guests who may feel ill for any reason.
- Professional sanitization will be administered as needed to maintain the highest levels of safety and cleanliness.
- We encourage those who consider themselves high risk to check with their personal health care professional before traveling.
Hey, travel plans can change. That's why we're flexible and waiving cancellation fees directly made with Wave Street Inn for stays canceled outside of 72 hours prior to arrival.
Guests who booked via online travel sites o third-party agents are advised to contact their booking provider for their policies.
We encourage guests and staff to take the recommended precautions and to not travel if you are not feeling well. Our staff and guests are like family to us and Monterey is our home. The safety of all three is and always will be part of who we are.
In Our Own Words“Our staff and guests are like family and Monterey is our home. The safety of all three is of top importance to us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Monterey in the safest way.”
Previous Slide Next Slide
1 of 1
Reconnect with Monterey in a local way. Join a whale watching tour on Monterey Bay. Explore gorgeous beaches, parks, and hiking trails. Tee off on championship golf courses. Bike the Monterey Bay Coastal Recreational Trail. Discover amazing local experiences steps away.