Safe Travel Designation
Before You Get Here
Thank you for following the guidelines set by the Health Officer of Monterey County. These precautionary measures are in place to protect you against COVID-19 and its spread. Each department has a detailed set of procedures based on expert guidance from leaders in sanitization and safety.
Around the Hotel
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in all public areas, guest rooms and back of house.
- Extra attention to cleaning and disinfecting high touch areas and surfaces such as doorknobs, elevator buttons, light switches, handles, phones, handrails, tables, chairs and tableware.
- Hand sanitizers and alcohol-based disinfectants throughout the hotel for guests and employees.
- Signage to wash hands for at least 20 seconds as a key preventative measure.
- Signs reminding guests of proper social distancing and wearing face masks throughout the hotel
- Food preparation hygiene protocols are strictly enforced and include proper separation of personal workspaces for food handlers. Gloves and masks will be worn with all service staff.
Arrivals & Check-Outs
- Room keys and pens are sanitized after each use.
- Pre-registration is encouraged for all guests to avoid the need for touch transactions during check-in and check-out.
- We highly encourage one guest only to visit the lobby to check-in their party or family.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at the Front Desk to encourage social distancing for guests and staff.
- Virtual check-out via phone is strongly encouraged.
Rooms & Suites
- Rooms are thoroughly sanitized in accordance with health and government guidelines.
- Special attention is given to high touch surfaces, handles, doorknobs, switches, faucets, remotes, alarm clocks, TVs, safety latches, trash receptacles, toilet and shower handles.
- Housekeeping service is provided prior to arrival and after check-out only.
- Additional pillows and blankets are available by request only.
- No reusable materials are stored in guest rooms.
- Linens are removed in one-time use bags upon check-out or request.
- All linens are sanitized in high-temperature wash
- Ongoing internal communication and training of employees to ensure the realization of the highest standards in health and hygiene.
- Detailed protocols are in place for each department and checks are consistently performed to ensure compliance.
- The health of our ambassadors is being carefully monitored, including daily screening procedures prior to the start of their shift.
- Daily, per shift cleaning routine covering the basics with an emphasis on frequency and consistency.
- A flexible "stay home/stay healthy" schedule for our employees, encouraging those who may feel ill to remain at home.
- Staggered employee schedules combined with designated work and break areas for each employee.
- Proper hand washing before delivering any food or item to a guest. Hand sanitizer is available throughout front and back of house.
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Protocols in place for assisting guests who may feel ill for any reason.
- Professional sanitization will be administered as needed to maintain the highest levels of safety and cleanliness.
- We encourage those who consider themselves high risk to check with their personal health care professional before traveling.
- While arriving, departing, or moving throughout the property, please wear a mask.